Monday, February 26, 2007

A Tissue

Struggling with my four year old to blow his nose seems to be the theme around the house these days. I came across this little bit I wrote years ago for my first son. Thought I'd share:

A Tissue

On Monday mother caught me with my finger up my nose...
She told me in her "Mother" voice "That is not where it goes!"
On Tuesday as I dug for gold I tried to not get caught.
But I swear mother's know your every move and every thought!
On Wednesday I was pickin' don't you know she caught that too.
So I asked her when the boogers caught what else can I do?
Thursday as my finger ventured up in my nose just so,
She peeked around the corner and softly said "Please Blow."
On Friday when that booger came I went ahead and blew...
But by the looks on Mother's face I should have used Tissue!

No comments: